Tuesday, September 1, 2009

PRAYER CHALLENGE

I issued a challenge to all students. Challenge may not be the right word -- suggestion, maybe? Starting September 1 we need to focus on making prayers a habit. When we awake in the morning, we need to hit the floor with our knees before anything else. This means we need to wake up a few minutes earlier (I said a few hours earlier and I got every one's attention). Then at night we need to pray before going to bed. These times are merely a suggestion. We need to remember that we can pray whenever. The challenge is for the entire month of September. If the challenge is accepted, I hope that the people accepting the challenge will notice a difference in their lives. Prayer makes a difference for me. "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." Alma 32:27 We are experimenting upon the word, the word of prayer. Will it work -- we have to experiment to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment